Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I wanted to share with you one of my latest projects which was re-covering the drapery valances I designed for my daughters room about 4 years ago when we moved into our current home. I initially used spray glue to hold the fabric (it wound up sagging), and glued marbles around the edges (they kept falling off). Note: you can only use spray glue on heavier fabric, not light weight fabrics. This time, I stapled light weight batting to the back of the board. Then I stapled the fabric to the back of the board, being careful to keep the lines straight. I then took copper tubing (purchased in the plumbing section of Lowe's/Home Depot), formed and hot glued the copper tubing to the edge of the board. The exposed ends needed something, so I took soldering wire (plumbing section) and free formed a ball to cover the ends and hot glued it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment