Thursday, July 23, 2009

My circular door opening is a favorite architectural feature in my home. I had saved a picture of a similar door opening from an old Architectural Digest magazine and showed it to my architects to implement in the floor plans. I was going to put it in my bedroom leading to a sitting area and they said to put it out in the open. Together we agreed that it would be a great opening into the coffee bar area off of the entry. The pictures show it with the front door, looking into the coffee bar and looking out of the coffee bar. I made the small piece tucked under the circular door opening from wooden bowls glued together to create the right height. I adjusted the color of some of the bowls, added some beads and tiles and slid it under the circular opening. I also made the art work you see hanging in the entry and the floral in the tall metal piece. I will show you detail pictures of those items another time. I need to get ready for our prayer time tonight with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment